Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diabetes sucks!!!

Well, I'm a blogger now. Why? Because my daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last week and I feel like I should keep some kind of journal. Don't expect fancy writing, perfect grammar, good spelling/punctuation. Im just an ordinary mom dealing with the shock of finding out my 4 1/2 year old daughter has a disease. Last week was the worst week of my life. We went to the hospital on tues., and left on thurs. We came home completely changed. Our lives now consists of counting carbs, checking blood sugar, and giving insulin injections. At first, I was incredibly sad. I could not hold back the tears. My heart was breaking for my sweet baby girl. Now, I'm pissed. Why? Why did this happen? Why does she and/or any person have to live their life like this?? She doesn't deserve this, no one deserves this. But then, I'm reminded, this can be managed. It could be worse, it could be much worse. Emmy is much stronger than me. From day one she has been so stubborn, and strong willed. Now we know why God gave her those traits. She can do this and so can I. It's hard, very hard. And it's not fair.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amber. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters diagnosis. :-( We are only 3 1/2 months in, so it's still new to us. If you have any questions, or just need to talk, I'm always here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diabetes does suck! My daughter was dx'd Nov 2009, she was 5 1/2 at the time. Here we are 2+ years later and it does still suck, but for the most part we've got it figured out. There are still times when I'm so mad, but she seems to take it all in stride. Our kids are tough and resilient. There are lots of great D-blogs out there. Good luck! Pop on over to my blog www.t1dandkortnie.blogspot.com/ I have a blog list on the right side of my page and those other blogs all have blog lists too. Find a few that help you and keep reading. Welcome to the DOC (Diabetes Online Community), the best club you wish you weren't a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber. I just came across your blog. My daughter Emerson (also an Emmy) is four and a half and was diagnosed one year ago. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis, but please know that each day will get a little easier. If you ever need anything, please email me. I'm not a pro, but I may be able to answer some questions or even lend an ear!

    I wish you and your family the best.

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete